Regarding goals set out at the start of 2012, the only definitive goal was to finish Ironman Louisville, which I did. I did finish the Austin Marathon, albeit at a walking pace due to injury. I did two more half-Iron distance races (Buffalo Springs and Kerrville), bringing my PR below 6 hours. While I did come close to my goal of a sub-20-minute 5k with a 20:35 at the Donkey Dash, I still have not crossed that mark. I set a new 10k PR this year. Of the non-race things on my 2012 wish list, the only one I did manage to do was go skiing, but that was just one day.
So, some goals for 2013:
- Improve my full Ironman time. I'm already signed up for Ironman Texas in May, and could possibly add another.
- Run a marathon. Although I've done the marathon distance twice now, neither would count as a run. My goal time is sub-4 hours. I am doing "just" a marathon in March, but could add another in the fall if I still haven't broken 4 hours.
- Climb Denali. I have signed up for an expedition in June.
- Run a 5k in 18:30. I know I still haven't broken 20, but I'm close enough that I need to set the bar higher for next year.
- Run a sub-6-minute mile. I've been as quick as 6:12 according to my watch. I would really like to go under 5:30.
- Hit a peak power over 1000 Watts. So far my max is 907, so this shouldn't be too hard.
- Fat Boy: 114,506 (1390)
- Night Train: 8,259 (190)
- Volt: 14,586 but it had 2554 on it when I bought it in February. I averaged 100 mpg for the 12,032.0 mile I drove it.
- Secteur: 2772.0 (610, almost entirely on the trainer)
- Cervélo: 747.9 (I had to replace my computer mid-year, and didn't record its mileage before sending it in. Almost all of the 1763 miles I rode outdoors were on the P3.)
- Run: 797.2/19.1 outdoors/treadmill miles.
- Swim: 16.6/128.2 outdoors/pool miles.
Not by a huge margin, but I did put more miles on my bicycles than my motorcycles this year. My highest volume of training was in July, when I logged a total of 570 miles. I hope to top that while training for Ironman Texas.